You are here: Home » andhra pradesh » APPSC » APPSC GROUP 1 Official New Syllabus 2016 » appsc.gov.in » group 1 all papers syllabus » group 1 appsc syllabus 2016 » website.appsc.gov.in » APPSC GROUP 1 Official New Syllabus 2017 at appsc.gov.in
APPSC GROUP 1 Official New Syllabus 2017 at appsc.gov.in
APPSC 2016 GROUPS Vacancies
#APPSC GROUP-I SERVICES SYLLABUS 2016
APPSC GROUP 1 Syllabus 2016 at appsc.gov.in
- Events of National and Inter national importance.
- Current affairs - International, National and Regional.
- Contemporary developments in science & Technology and Information Technology.
- Geography -World, National and Andhra Pradesh.
- History of India Ancient, Medieval, Modern –socio-cultural, Economic and political affairs with special emphasis on Indian National Movement.
- Indian polity and Governance; Constitutional issues, pubic policy formulation and implementation, Governance Reforms and egovernance initiatives.
- Economic Growth and Development – Poverty - Unemployment –Planning India - Economic reforms - Post - Liberalization - Sustainable development - Social sector reforms .
- Environmental degradation and challenges.
- Disaster Management; Vulnerability profile, prevention and mitigation strategies Application of remote sensing and GIS in the assessment of Disaster.
- Logical reasoning, analytical abilityand data interpretation.
PAPER-I GENERAL ESSAY
- SECTION-I - Crisis management, Social, Economic and Health Problems, Analysis and solutions. SECTION-II - Current events of national and international importance.
- SECTION – III - Current events relating to State of Andhra Pradesh.
HISTORY AND CULTURAL HERITAGE OF INDIA WITH EMPHASIS ON 20TH CENTURY
- Pre-Historic Cultures in India, Indus Civilization – Vedic Civilization – Distinction between Indus Civilization and Vedic Civilization – Evolution of Varna, Jati /caste system – Religious condition in 6 th century BCE – Emergence of new Religious Movements- Jainism, Buddhism - sects–Rise of Magadha ImperialismAshoka’s Policy of Dhamma, Influx of Foreigners- Society, Economy, – Development of Art (Gandhara, Mathura and other Schools), Gupta empire - Myth of Golden age.
- Delhi sultanate- Advent of Islam and its impact – Influence of Islam on Indian Culture – Religious Movements – Nature and significance of Bhakti Movements – Growth of Vernacular Languages, Literature, Fine arts, Monuments, Indo - Persian Art and Architecture .
- Vijayanagara empire - Administration - Socio - economic conditions and their Contribution to Literature, Culture, Art and Architecture – The Mughals - Administration, Culture efflorescence and their contribution to Art, Architecture and Fine Arts – Rise of Shivaji - Maratha movement.
- Stages of Colonialism – Changes in Administrative Structure and Politics – Factors leading for the British supremacy, assistance of Indian Powers and the causes of failures – Civil rebellions – Revolt of 1857 and its impact, western impact – Christian missionaries, Press, Education its impact - Cultural changes, Rise of Nationalist consciousness and factors for the growth of Indian Nationalism and Freedom Struggle: Three Phases: 1885 - 1905, 1905 -1920, 1920 -47 and significance of Gandhian Era.
- Rise and growth of Socio -Religious - Cultural – non -Brahmin, Justice Party/selfRespect Movements in modern India – Social reform Movements and Role of intellectuals – Raja Ram Mohan Roy - Dayanand Saraswathi - Jyotiba Phule - Narayana Guru - Mahathma Gandhi - Ambedkar and others.
- Nationalist Literature – Growth of Peasant and Labour movements – Role of Leftist Parties in Anti -feudal and Anti - colonial struggles -Rise and Growth of Women’s movements – Origin and Growth of Communalism –Freedom and Partition of India; Important historical events after Independence.
SECTION -II SOCIAL AND CULTURAL HISTORY OF ANDHRA PRADESH
1) The Satavahanas - Socio, Economic and Religious conditions and their contribution to Literature, Art & Architecture, Ikshvakus and their Cultural contribution - Buddhism in Andhra – Salankayans, Vishnukundies - Revival of Brahmanism, The Eastern Chalukyas of Vengi and their importance – Socio - Cultural contribution – Religious Sects - Telugu language, Literature and learning – Art and Architecture. 2) Socio - Cultural and Religious conditions in Andhradesa between 1000 to 1565 A.D - Growth of Telugu Language and Literature( Kavitraya - Asthadiggajas) - Fine -Arts, Art & Architecture – Monuments – Significance, Contribution of Qutubshahis to Andhra History and Culture. 3) European Trade establishments in Andhra - Andhra under the Company Administration -Socio -Cultural awakening - Theosophical society and role of Veeresalingam and others – Non -Brahmin, and Justice party/self – Respect movements – Gurram Jashuva – Boyi Bheemanna – Sri Sri and others – Growth of Nationalist Movement in Andhra and the Andhra Leaders during the Freedom Struggle – Role of Socialists – Communists –Anti - Zamindari -kisan movements. 4) Asafjhahi dynasty – Socio - Cultural awakening in Nizam State – Nizam Rashtra Janasangham – Nizam Andhra Mahasabha - Origin and Growth of Andhra Movement - Andhra Mahasabhas - Prominent Andhra Leaders - Potti Sreeramulu - Formation of Andhra State - 1953. Emergence of Andhra Pradesh 1956 -Andhra Pradesh from 1956 to 2014 –Development, Partition movements - Causes - Bifurcation - 02nd June 2014 impact. 10 Union – Formation of Andhra Pradesh.
SECTION -III GENERAL OVERVIEW OF THE INDIAN CONSTITUTION
1) Nature of the Constitution – constitutional developments – salient features – Preamble – Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State Policy and their relationship - Fundamental Duties, Distinctive features of Indian Federation. 2) Distribution of Legislative Powers between the Union and the State; Administrative and Financial relations between the Union and the States – Powers and the functions of Constitutional Bodies. 3) Unicameral and Bicameral Legislatures – Functions and crises of accountability, decline of legislature - Delegated Legislation – Legislative and Judicial control over the delegated legislation – Judicial review of administrative action. 4) Amendment of the Constitution – Basic Structure Theory – Emergency Provisions and De -centralisation – Community development experiment – 3 tier model of Panchayat Raj – 73rd and 74th
SEC SECTION -III AN OVERVIEW OF THE INDIAN CONSTITUTION
- 1) The Indian Constitution - Making of the Constitution - Legacies of British Rule - Constituent Assembly - Constitutional Development – Salient features of the Indian Constitution - Preamble - Fundamental Rights - Directive Principles of State Policy and their relationship - Fundamental Duties - Impact of Socio - Economic factors on Indian Polity.
- 2) Structure and functions of Union Government - Legislative, Executive, Judiciary and their relationship - State Governments - Legislative, Executive and Judiciary and their relationship - Types of Legislatures - Unicameral, Bicameral, Executive – Parliamentary, Presidential, Judiciary - Judicial Review and Judicial Activism.
- 3) Centre - State relations between Indian Union and States - Administrative, Legislative and Financial - Need for Reforms - Recommendations of Rajmannar, Sarkaria, M.M. Punchchi and Sri Krishna Commissions - Role of NITI Aayog - Is India a Federal or Unitary System? - Powers and Functions of Constitutional Bodies - UPSC, State Public Service Commissions, CAG.
- 4) Amendment Process to the Constitution - Centralization Vs Decentralization - Constitutional Review Commission, Community Development Progrmmes - Grass root Democracies - Local Governments - Rural and Urban - 73rd and 74th Constitutional Amendment Acts and their Implementation.
- 5) Party Systems - National, Regional - Types of Party Systems - One Party, Bi - Party, Multi -Party - Regionalism and Sub - Regionalism – Demand for New States - Threats to National Integration - Elections - Election Process - Role of Election Commission - Need for Reforms - Voting Behaviour. 6) Social Movements and Welfare Mechanisms - Agrarian, Civil Liberties, Women, Tribals, Dalits and Environmental - Need for Reforms for SCs, STs and BCs - Prevention of SC’s and ST’s Atrocities Act - National and States SC’s ST’s and BC’s Commissions - Women Commission - Minorities Commissions - Human Rights Commission - RTI - Lokpal and Lok Ayukt.
DOWNLOAD APPSC GROUP 1 OFFICIAL SYLLABUS
DOWNLOAD APPSC GROUP 2 SYLLABUS