#APPSC Syllabus For Assistant Chemist in A.P. Ground Water Service, Application will be available on Commission’s Website (www.psc.ap.gov.in) or (http://appscapplications17.apspsc.gov.in), it's start from 29/12/2016, vacancy 02 posts As per G.O.Ms. No.235, Finance (HR-I, Plg & Policy) Dept., Dt. 06/12/2016, for each wrong answer will be penalized with 1/3rd of the marks prescribed for the question,
APPSC Syllabus For Assistant Chemist In A.P. Ground Water Service:
GENERAL STUDIES& MENTAL ABILITY
- Events of national and international importance.
- Current affairs- international, national and regional.
- General Science and it applications to the day to day life Contemporary developments in Science & Technology and Information Technology
- Social- economic and political history of modern India with emphasis on Indian national movement.
- Indian polity and governance: constitutional issues, public policy, reforms and e- governance initiatives.
- Economic development in India since independence.
- Geography of India with focus on Andhra Pradesh.
- Disaster management: vulnerability profile, prevention and mitigation strategies, Application of Remote Sensing and GIS in the assessment of Disaster
- Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection
- Logical reasoning, analytical ability and data interpretation.
- Data Analysis: Tabulation of data Visual representation of data Basic data analysis(Summary Statistics such as mean and variance coefficient of variation etc.,) and Interpretation
- Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and its Administrative, Economic, Social, Cultural, Political, and legal implications /problems, including a). Loss of capital city, challenges in building new capital and it’s financial implications. b). Division and rebuilding of common Institutions. c). Division of employees, their relocation and nativity issues. d). Effect of bifurcation on commerce and entrepreneurs. e). Implications to financial resources of state government. f). Task of post-bifurcation infrastructure development and opportunities for investments. g). Socioeconomic, cultural and demographic impact of bifurcation. h). Impact of bifurcation on river water sharing and consequential issues. i). AP REORGANISATION ACT, 2014 on AP and the arbitrariness of certain provisions.
- PROCESS CALCULATIONS AND THERMODYNAMICS:
- Laws of conservation of mass and energy; use of tie components; recycle, bypass and purge calculations ;degree of freedom. Zeroth law; Isothermal states, 10 Principles of thermometry. Scales of temperature. First and second laws of thermodynamics, Equations of state and thermodynamics properties of real systems; Phase equilibria; excess properties and correlations of active components; chemical reaction equilibria. Basics statistical thermodynamics.
- Chemical periodicity:Periodic properties
- Atomic structure nuclear properties, molecular symmetry, bonding in polyatomic molecules, concepts of acids and bases
- Main group elements and their compounds Synthesis, bonding and structure.
- Transition metal Chemistry and coordination compounds : Structure and bonding, Molecular Orbital (MO) theory of complexes, Crystal field theory (CFT), Jahn- Teller effect, magnetic properties, orbital splitting, spin-orbit coupling, calculation of CFSE, spectra of octahedral and tetrahedral complexes of d1 to d9 systems, and reaction mechanisms.
- Organometallic compounds, their synthesis, bonding and structure,and reactivity.Organometallic compounds in homogenous catalysis.
- Cage like structures and metal clusters.
- Analytical Chemistry: separation techniques spectroscopic electro- and thermo- analytical methods
- Characterization of inorganic compounds by infrared-, Raman- NMR-, electron spin resonance (EPR)-, UV-Visible, and Mass spectroscopic techniques
- Nuclear chemistry — nuclear reactions fission and fusion and their applications, radio-analytical techniques and activation analysis
- Molecular spectroscopy: Principles and applications of rotational and vibrational spectroscopy, NMR and EPR
- Chemical equilibrium: basic concepts, Solubility product, common ion effect, pH and buffer solutions, acids and bases hydrolysis of salts, phase equilibrium
- Characterization of organic compounds by infrared (lR)-, NMR- UV- Visible- , and Mass- spectroscopy techniques