TS Gurukulam Librarians In Schools Posts Syllabus 2017, Librarians In Schools Syllabus For TS Gurukulam Paper 1@2 Posts Notifications 23494 Posts All Teaching Non Teaching Posts Notification
Syllabus Paper - I: General Studies and General Abilities
Paper - II: Library & Information Science
Librarians In Schools Syllabus For TS Gurukulam Paper 1@2 Posts Notifications
|TS Librarian In Schools Posts Syllabus 2017|
Name of The Post
Librarian in Schools
Librarian in Colleges
- Current Affairs – Regional, National & International.
- Indian Constitution; Indian Political System; Governance and Public Policy.
- Social Exclusion; Rights issues such as Gender, Caste, Tribe, Disability etc., and inclusive policies.
- Society Culture, Civilization Heritage, Arts and Literature of India and Telangana
- General Science; India’s Achievements in Science and Technology
- Environmental Issues; Disaster Management- Prevention and Mitigation Strategies and Sustainable Development.
- Economic and Social Development of India and Telangana.
- Socioeconomic, Political and Cultural History of Telangana with special emphasis on Telangana Statehood Movement and formation of Telangana state.
- Moral Values and Professional Ethics in Education.
- Analytical Abilities: Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation.
- Basic English
Paper - II: Library & Information Science
- Foundations of Library and Information Science Five Laws of library Science; Types of Libraries and their functions; Library Movement in Telangana, Important libraries in Telangana; Library legislation in India; Library Extension Services;Library Association in India, UK and USA - ILA, IASLIC, SIS, LA and ALA; National & International organizations promoting Library Development-RRRLF, NASSDOC, NISCAIR, DESIDOC, IFLA and UNESCO
- Information, Communicaton and Society Data, Information and Knowledge; Information as a Resource / Commodity; Role of Information in Socio-Economic Development; Information Society, Knowledge Society; Knowledge Management; Information Generation, Collection, Storage and Dissemination; Communication -Channels, Barriers; National Knowledge Commission; Intellectual Property Rights; Copyright; Right to Information Act
- Information Sources Source of information-Primary , Secondary and Tertiary;Documentary and Non- documentary; Reference Sources- Dictionaries; Encyclopaedias; Geographical Sources; Biographical Sources; Year Books / Almanacs, Directories and Handbooks; Statistical sources; Bibliographies, Union Catalogues, Indexing and Abstracting Periodicals; Serial Publications; E-Documents - e-Books; E-Journals; Databases- Bibliographic; Numeric; and Full text
- Information Services Information services- Bibliographic services, Indexing and Abstracting services, CAS, SDI, Document Delivery Services, Referral services; Online Services; User Education and User Studies; Information. Seeking Behaviour and Information Needs; Information Literacy.
- Information Processing (Classification and Cataloguing) Organization of knowledge/information; Modes of formation of subjects; Library classification-Canons, Laws and Principles; Notation & Mnemonics; Fundamental categories; Call Number; Common isolates; Library classification Schemes-DDC, UDC, and CC; Library Cataloguing-Canons, Laws and Principles; Library cataloguing codes-CCC and AACR-II; Bibliographic standards: ISBD, MARC and CCF; Indexing- Pre-Coordinate , Post-Coordinate; Vocabulary control - Thesaurus, Lists of Subjects Headings; Information Storage & Retrieval (ISAR): Search Strategies; Boolean Operators; Evaluation of ISAR
- Library Management Management-Principles, Functions, Schools of Thought; Organizational Structure; Planning ; Decisionmaking; System study-Analysis, evaluation and design; Collection Development (Books Serials, nonbook, Material)- Principles of book selection; acquisition procedures; ISBN, ISSN; Maintenance; Preservation & Conservation; Human Resources Management; Financial Management-Resources generation, Budgeting, Cost and Cost-Benefit analysis; PERT, CPM; Library Buildings, equipment & furniture; Marketing information products and services; Total Quality Management (TQM)
- Fundamentals of Information Technology Information Technology –Software and Hardware; storage devices; Software – Operating Systems ; Application Software; Client-Server Technology; Different types of Servers.; Communication Technology – Telecommunications; Modem; Router; Wi Fi; Transmission Media; Networking Concepts – Topologies- LAN, MAN, WAN; Communication Tools and Techniques – Fax, E-mail, Tele Conferencing, Video Conferencing, Voice Mail. Hyper Text and Hyper Media. List Serve / Electronic groups.; Standards; Protocols and Formats; Interoperability. ; Internet Basics – WWW; Web Browsers; Search Engines; Internet Connectivity; Data Security- Computer Viruses.
- Library Automation And Networks Library Automation -Areas of Automation; Hardware and Software selection; OPAC; Resource Sharing and Library Networks-ERNET, NICNET, DELNET, INFLIBNET; OCLC; Library Consortia; Information systems- INIS, AGRIS, PUBMED, INSPEC; Software for Library Automation.
- Digital Libraries Digital Library Initiatives; Digitization – Software & hardware; Standards; File formats; Metadata; Digital Collection Management – e-books; e-journals; Databases; Electronic Thesis & Dissertations; Resource Discovery – Search engines; search tools & techniques; Digital Rights Management, copyright & plagiarism
- Research Methodology Types of Research; Scientific Method; Hypothesis , Data Collection; Sampling techniques; Methods of Research-Historical , Case Study, Survey, experimental method etc.; Data Analysis & Interpretation; Report Writing; Bibliometrics, Scientometrics and Webometrics.
#DOWNLOAD TS Gurukulam Librarians In Schools Posts Syllabus 2017 Click Here