GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH ABSTRACT LEAVE RULES: – Recommendations of PRC 2010 – Maternity Leave to Married Women Government Servants – Enhancement from 120 days to 180 days – Orders – Issued.
AP GO MS 152 Maternity Leave (in Telugu) available up to 2 surviving children Only
G.O.Ms.No. 152 Date:04. 05. 2010. Read the following:-
- G.O.Ms.No. 384, Fin, & Plng. (FW: FR.I) Dept. dt. 5.11.1977.
- G.O.Ms.No. 219, Fin, & Plng. (FW: FR.I) Dept. dt. 25.6.1984.
- G.O.Ms.No. 38, Fin, & Plng. (FW: FR.I) Dept. dt. 18.03.1992.
- G.O.Ms.No. 254, Fin, & Plng. (FW: FR.I) Dept. dt. 10.11.1995.
- G.O.Ms.No. 438, G.A. (Spl. A) Department, dated: 07.07.2008.
- G.O.Ms.No. 598, G.A. (Spl. A) Department, dated: 26.11.2009. @@@
#AP GO MS 152 Maternity Leave available up to 2 surviving children Only
ORDER: In the Government Order 5th read above, orders were issued constituting Ninth Pay Revision Commission and Government appointed Sri. C.S. Rao, IAS, (Retd) as Pay Revision Commissioner. In the Government Order 6th read above, the terms of reference of the Pay Revision Commissioner were laid down.
2. The Ninth Pay Revision Commission submitted its report to the Government on 05.12.2009 and recommended, inter alia, that, “The Commission therefore recommends grant of Maternity leave to the married women employees of the State up to 180 days on par with the employees of Government of India subject to the condition that the same would be available up to 2 surviving children only”.
3. In the Government orders 1st and 2nd read above, orders are issued to the effect that married female Government servants, temporary or permanent, shall be granted maternity Leave for a period of 90 days. In the Government Order 3rd read above, orders were issued that the Maternity Leave to the married female Government servants shall be granted to those with less than two surviving children. In the Government orders 4th read above, orders were issued enhancing the maternity leave to the married female Government servants, temporary or permanent, from 90 days to 120 days. 4. The 9th PRC in their report observed that, the Government of India earlier issued orders enhancing the Maternity Leave to135 days and it was further enhanced to 180 days based on the recommendations of 6th CPC. The Employees Associations have requested to extend the same to the Women employees working in the State Government also. PRC 2005 did not recommend the extension of this leave from 120 to 135 days on the ground that a period of 120 days is considered adequate and since paternity leave is also recommended. The recommendation of 6th CPC up to 180 days was based on the guidelines of Ministry of H & FW which recommends nursing of children up to the age of 6 months. Hence, the Commission recommends grant of Maternity leave to the married women employees of the State up to 180 days on par with the employees of Government of India subject to the condition that the same would be available up to 2 surviving children only. 5. After careful consideration of the report, Government decided to accept the recommendations of the Pay Revision Commissioner and hereby order that the grant maternity leave on full pay to married women employees of State Government is enhanced from 120 days to 180 days on par with the employees of the Govt. of India subject to the condition that it shall be granted to those with less than two surviving children only.
6. These orders shall come into force with immediate effect. Those who are availing Maternity Leave of 120 days as on the date of issue of G.O may continue till they complete 180 days of Maternity Leave. Those who have already completed 120 days of Maternity Leave and still continuing on other type of leave are not eligible to avail this benefit. The employees who have already availed 120 days of Maternity Leave and joined duty are also not eligible to avail this benefit.
7. The G.O is available on Internet and can be accessed at the address http://www.ap.gov.in/goir and http://www.apfinance.gov.in.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH) L.V. SUBRAHMANYAM PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT (FP)
To All the Departments of Secretariat (10 copies each) The Accountant General, AP., Hyd. (20 copies) The Accountant General, AP., Hyd (by Name) The Pay & Accounts Officer, Hyd. The Secretary to Governor, A.P., Hyderabad.
All Secretaries to Government. The Private Secretary to the Chief Minister and Private Secretaries to all Ministers.
All the Heads of Departments (including Collectors and District Judges). The Registrar, High Court of Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad (with Covering Letters)
All the District Treasury Officers. The Secretary, Andhra Pradesh GENCO/TRANSCO] The General Manger, A.P., State Road Transport Corporation, Hyderabad (with covering letter).
All District Educational Officer. All the District Development Officer.
All District Panchayat Officers. All Secretaries of Zilla Grandhalaya Samsthas through Director of Public Libraries, Hyderabad.
All Secretaries of Agricultural Market Committees through Director of Marketting,A.P., Hyderabad. All Commissioners/Special Officers of Municipalities.
All Recognized service Associations. The Director, Government Printing Press, A.P., Hyderabad for publication in the A.P. Gazette. Copy to the General Administration (Cabinet) Department. Copy to the General Administration (SW) Department. Copy to SF/SCs.