- In the reference 1st read above, the Agriculture & Cooperation (Agri.II) Department have informed that, the Government have decided to allocate 1200 Multi Purpose Extension Officer (MPEOs) posts for Horticulture Department out of 6354 MPEO posts with exclusive qualification of Diploma in Horticulture.
- After careful examination, Government hereby accord permission to Commissioner of Horticulture for appointment of Twelve Hundred (1200) Multi Purpose Extension Officers in Horticulture Department purely on contractual basis with consolidated honorarium of Rs.8000/- per month without any allowances. The guidelines regarding qualifications, selection procedure, duties and responsibilities, etc., for Multi Purpose Extension Officer (MPEOs) are appended as Annexure- I & II to this order.
- The period of contract of Multi Purpose Extension Officer (Horticulture) is one year. However, the service of the individual can be terminated at any time, if they fail to perform their duties satisfactorily without any notice or without assigning any reasons. They shall not claim any right over the post of Multi Purpose Extension Officer (Horticulture) or time scale. They shall discharge the duties of Multi Purpose Extension Officer (Horticulture) and draw the consolidated honorarium of Rs.8,000/- per month.
- The Commissioner of Horticulture, AP, Hyderabad shall take further necessary action in the matter and send compliance report to the Government immediately.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF MULTI PURPOSE EXTENSION OFFICERS
- MPEOs (Horticulture) shall reside in the cluster head quarters as decided by the District Administration.
- Shall work under the direct control of Horticulture Officers.
- Should sensitize the farmers on different issues related to Horticulture crops.
- MPEOs (Horticulture) should assist Horticulture Officers in communicating required information to farming community with regard to different departmental schemes and latest/improved technologies for pre and post harvest.
- Maintain the record/statistics of all Horticulture Crops area in his jurisdiction with regard to farmer information, cropping pattern, availability of resources, practices being followed, marketing etc.,
- Also maintain scheme implementation registers in their area. Assist the Horticulture Officers and other supervisory officers in field visits.
- MPEOs (Horticulture) should motivate the farmers and collect applications and complete documentation for implementation of various departmental schemes like State Plan schemes/MIDH/RKVY/NMOOP/APMIP etc.,
- Should mobilize farmers for organizing training programmes/Exposure visits/after sales service campaigns, buyers and sellers meet etc.,
- Should actively participate in conduct of surveys with regard to Natural Calamities/Drought etc., Maintain weather watch report and also coordinate other bankable schemes.
- In respect of horticulture crops covered with Crop insurance, the MPEOs shall create awareness among farmers and educate them about the facilities being provided by the Government and motivate them to go for crop insurance.
- Shall provide information to the farmers with regard to subsidy schemes/incentives/farm equipment that are being provided by the Department under different programmes and educate the farmers to make use of these facilities.
- MPEOs (Horticulture) shall update their knowledge with regard to different schemes of the Line Department which are integrated with horticulture department for providing necessary information to the farming community.
- Should also attend any other duties as assigned by the Horticulture Officer or ADH/DDH at district level.
The Department of Horticulture Government of Andhra Pradesh has issued a notification for the recruitment of Multi Purpose Agricultural extension officers In Horticulture Department.
Age Limit :
The Candidates your age limit is 01-07-2015 in 18 Years to 40 Years. SC, ST and Handicapped following are taken into account in 05 Years maximum age relaxation as and SSC Certificate in Date of Birth
Educational Qualifications :
BSc Horticulture Completed in Identify Universities
BSc Dry land Agriculture vocational D.r Y.sr University
Diploma in Agriculture Polytechnic (2 Years Course)
BSc Science and BZc Education Qualification Certificates Compulsory and to Identify the OGPA Mark list is Compulsory and OGPA Marks is 80% above
Kadapa Dist 83 MPEO Posts Nativity Certification :
6th to 10th Class also 3 Years Education to only one District in case your Private Study However MRO Nativity Certificate is compulsory Selection Process: Two Stps:
Step – i : Written Exam: Written Test Objective Type Bits Conducting Examination total marks 80 Step – ii : Interview :20 Marks is added to Selection Committee Interview Application Last Date: 28/12/2015 at Evening 3 P.M. Application Corosponding Address :
done by the District Selection Committee constituted for the purpose with the following officers :
DD Horticulture/AD Horticulture : Member/Convener
JD Agriculture or person authorized by JDA : Member
Representative from YSR Hort. University : Member
The section among the applicants will be made in the following order of preference.
- Category-I : B. Sc.,(Horticulture) / B.Sc., (Agriculture)
- Category-II : Horticulture Polytechnic Diploma Holders
- Category-III : Ordinary B.Sc.,/M.Sc., with Horticulture as one of the Optional
Subjects studied in recognized universities in Andhra Pradesh.
The Committee will commence the selection first from among the applicants in the first category. If sufficient number of candidates are not available, the Committee will select candidates from among the applicants in second category. If sufficient number of candidates are not available under second category, then the committee will select from among the Candidates under third category.
Candidate must be within the maximum age Limit of 40 years. The age relaxation in
respect of SC, ST, BC and PH candidates shall be allowed as per the provisions under
Rule-12 of APS &SS Rules.Selection shall be done through open advertisement in local news papers.
Selection will be on – 80% merit (Educational Qualification) and 20% based on
performance in interviews. 80% of the posts will be filled with LOCAL candidates and the remaining 20% will be filled with NON-LOCAL candidates as per rules in force.