#APPSC Assistant Director Paper 1@2 Syllabus in Economics and Statistical APPSC Syllabus For Assistant Director in A.P. Economics and Statistical Service, total-08 valencies, it’s last date 28/01/2017 to apply, Application will be available on Commission’s Website (www.psc.ap.gov.in) or (http://appscapplications17.apspsc.gov.in), As per G.O.Ms. No.235, Finance (HR-I, Plg & Policy) Dept, Date: 06/12/2016, for each wrong answer will be penalized with 1/3rd of the marks prescribed for the question,
APPSC Syllabus Assistant Director in A.P. Economics and Statistical Service:
SYLLABUS PAPER -I
GENERAL STUDIES AND MENTAL ABILITY
- Events of national and international importance.
- Current affairs- international, national and regional.
- General Science and it applications to the day to day life Contemporary developments in Science & Technology and Information Technology
- Social- economic and political history of modern India with emphases on Indian national movement.
- Indian polity and governance: constitutional issues, public policy, reforms and e-governance initiatives.
- Economic development in India since independence.
- Geography of India with focus on Andhra Pradesh.
- Disaster management: vulnerability profile, prevention and mitigation strategies, Application of Remote Sensing and GIS in the assessment of Disaster
- Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection
- Logical reasoning, analytical ability and data interpretation.
- Data Analysis: Tabulation of data Visual representation of data Basic data analysis (Summary Statistics such as mean and variance coefficient of variation etc.,) and Interpretation. Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and its Administrative, Economic, Social, Cultural, Political, and legal implications/problems, including a). Loss of capital city, challenges in building new capital and it’s financial implications. b). Division and rebuilding of common Institutions. c). Division of employees, their relocation and nativity issues. d). Effect of bifurcation on commerce and entrepreneurs. e). Implications to financial resources of state government. 11 f). Task of post-bifurcation infrastructure development and opportunities for investments. g). Socioeconomic, cultural and demographic impact of bifurcation. h). Impact of bifurcation on river water sharing and consequential issues. i). AP REORGANISATION ACT, 2014 on AP and the arbitrariness of certain provisions.
- Concerned Subject
The candidates have to choose one subject from the following subjects for
- Computer Science