APPSC Hostel Welfare Officers Grade-II 41+49=100 Posts Notification, Syllabus ,General recurrent for Hostel Welfare Officers in A.P B.C Welfare Subordinate Services in 2017, to apply application the official web site www.psc.gov.in, Last date to apply 30/01/2017, age limited 18 years up to 42 years,
APPSC Hostel Welfare Officers Grade-II Posts Notification,Syllabus:-
SCREENING TEST SYLLABUS FOR THE POSTS OF HOSTEL WELFARE OFFICERS GRADE-II IN A.P. B.C. WELFARE DEPARTMENT
SECTION-I No. of Questions 75 Marks 75
- History, Economics, Civics and Geography.
- Physical Science.
- Natural Science.
- Current Affairs.
- Reasoning and Analytical Ability.
- Disaster Management.
- Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
- Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection
- Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and its Administrative, Economic,Social, Cultural, Political, and legal implications/problems, Including
- Loss of capital city, challenges in building new capital and it’s financial implications. b). Division and rebuilding of common Institutions.
- Division of employees, their relocation and nativity issues.
- Effect of bifurcation on commerce and entrepreneurs.
- Implications to financial resources of state government.
- Task of post-bifurcation infrastructure development and opportunities for investments.
- socioeconomic, cultural and demographic impact of bifurcation.
- Impact of bifurcation on river water sharing and consequential issues.
- AP REORGANISATION ACT, 2014 on AP and the arbitrariness of certain provisions.
SECTION-II No. of Questions 75 Marks 75
- Programs of State Government for the welfare and Economic Development of SC/ST’s.
- Nature of the Indian Constitution – Constitutional Development – Salient features of Indian Constitution – Preamble – Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State Policy and their relationship – Fundamental Duties, Distinctive features – Unitary and Federal.
- Structure and functions of Indian Government- Legislative, Executive and Judiciary Types of Legislatures- Unicameral, Bicameral- Executive – Parliamentary, Judiciary Judicial Review, Judicial Activism. 11
- Distribution of Legislative and Executive Powers between the Union and the States; Legislative, Administrative and Financial relations between the Union and the States– Powers and the Functions of Constitutional Bodies- UPSC, State Public Service Commissions, CAG and Finance Commission.
- Constitutional provisions for the up-liniment of SC/ST. Welfare Mechanisms in India-provisions for Scheduled Castes, Tribes & Minorities, Reservations for SCs, STs and Backward classes – Prevention of SCs and STs Atrocities Act- National & State SCs, STs & BCs Commissions, Women’s Commission, National and State Minorities Commissions– Human Rights Commission – RTI- Lokpal & Lok Ayukt 6. Legislative Acts for eradication of Social evils and practices
SYLLABUS PAPER-II – SUBJECT DEGREE STANDARD FOUNDATION OF EDUCATION
- Nature and Scope of Philosophical and Sociological Foundations of Education.
- Idealism; Naturalism; Pragmatism; Realism; Existentialism;
- Gandhi; Tagore; Aurobindo; Vivekananda; Jiddu Krishna Murthy;
- Socialization and Education; Social change and Education; Culture and Education; Modernization and Education; Equality of Educational opportunities; Education of Weaker Sections.
- INTRODUCTION TO EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY. Relationship between Educational Psychology. Nature and Scope of Educational Psychology. Methods of Educational Psychology
- Growth and Development. Principles of Growth and Development. Stages of Development-Infancy, Childhood, Adolescence and aspects of development – Physical, Mental, Social and Emotional and its Educational implications to classroom teaching and education.
- Learning. Nature of Learning, Theories of Learning(Behavioral, Cognitive and Social) and its Relevance to classroom teaching, learning and Motivation; Various methods of motivation (intrinsic and extrinsic) and its applications for classroom teaching.
- Individual difference and its assessment. Meaning and significance of the study of individual differences. Inter and intra Individual difference and its assessment. Concept of Personality and its assessment (Protective and Non-Protective methods).Understanding and helping learners with special needs – poor achievers, under achievers, low-level of intellectual functioning; giftedness and creativity. Need and significance of guidance and counseling in schools.
- Statistics Statistics-Concept and its need for understanding behavior of learners and teachers. Measures of Central tendency. Measures of Variability. Correlation and various methods of computing correlation.
TRENDS IN EDUCATION
- Universalize of Education- Significance, constitutional guarantee, problems involved in implementing. Quality of Primary Education-Minimum level of Learning Approach.
- Wastage and stagnation in Education-Meaning, causes, problems and remedial measures.
- Adult Education and Functional literacy-Meaning, scope, problems involved and strategies for remedial action.
- Non-Formal Education- contemporary significance, problems, methodology, motivational aspect and implementation.
- School and Community Relationships-need and importance, ways of bringing their together, making use of community resources persons, some practical strategies to facilitate appropriate relationships.
- Medium of instruction-Problem, Language in India, three language formula, its implications and difficulties in implementing the formula.
- Family life and population Education-the problem, objectives at Secondary level creating awareness, difficulties in implementing, strategies to spread right type of family life and population education.
- Moral Education- meaning and scope, approaches to Moral Education, Difference between Moral and Religious Education, Practical Work.
- National and Emotional integration- meaning, nature, problems, implementation celebrating national days and role of schools and teachers.
- International understanding-education for peace, disarmament and co- existence, meaning, nature, significance, developing a broader perspective in the mind students.
- Education of the socially and culturally disadvantaged- meaning-Significance problems, equality of opportunity and strategies to implement meaningful programmer.
- Lifelong Education-meaning, need and scope, approach and role of teachers.
- Teacher Education-pre-service and in-service-Professional Organisations teachers.
- Vocational Education and Vocationalisation of Education.
- Common Entrance Examinations and Centralized admissions into the basic courses in Andhra Pradesh.
- Recommendations of various Education Commissions and Committees.