Minority NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme Free Coaching for Civil Services 2018:
|NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme 2017-18|
G.O.MS.No.16 Dated: 10th May 2017 Read the following: – In order to ensure Minority students reach the higher echelons of administration, there is need in AP to facilitate their entry in Civil Services, which is through the mode of the annual Civil Services Exam conducted by the UPSC. The entry of Minority Students in the higher Civil Services will enable them to participate effectively in the decision-making process in the highest
level & also boost their morale and also ameliorate their sense of deprivation and alienation from the development process.
2. It is also observed that the trend is that the students from the economically poor Minority families have not been faring well in the Civil Services Examination, especially during the last six to 8 years.
3. Govt, after close study of the practices, followed in other States, hereby decides to sanction the new scheme “NTR Vidyonnathi” for providing Professional Guidance for Civil Services Examination for Minority students to conduct guidance programs under the scheme. The scheme will come into operation during 2017-18.
5. The Commissioner of Minorities Welfare, Andhra Pradesh, Tadepalli, Guntur
District shall take further necessary action accordingly.
SALIENT FEATURES AND MODALITIES OF THE SCHEME:
- A) Students will be sponsored for three guidance programmes to reputed private institutions at three different stages as per the UPSC examination pattern for Civil Services.
- B) Reputed institutions will be selected in a transparent manner by calling for “Expression of Interest” by a committee of senior officers.
- C) Selection and allotment of students and payment of fee linking it to strict monitoring of the regular attendance of the students.
The details of the proposed schemes and sub-schemes are as follows:
A. DETAILS OF THE THREE GUIDANCE PROGRAMS:
i) Integrated Guidance Scheme (CSAT+Mains): To give integrated guidance for 250 students for the “CSAT (Prelims) cum Mains” for about 9 months.
ii) Mains Guidance Scheme: To give guidance for two months for all eligible Minority students who qualified in Prelims.
iii) Personality Test Guidance Scheme: To give guidance for one month for all eligible Minority students who qualified in Mains.
B. SELECTION OF REPUTED INSTITUTIONS:
The Department of Minorities Welfare will invite Expression of Interest (EOI) from competent coaching institutions with an excellent track record for imparting coaching for the above programmes.
The following criteria are prescribed for selection of the institutes:
1. The institution should have minimum experience of 10 years in imparting training to candidates for Civil Services exams, conducted by UPSC.
2. The institution should have an excellent track record and must necessarily have produced excellent results.
3. The institution must have expert and excellent faculty (profiles have to be furnished).
4. The institution should have good library, study material and other infrastructure.
C. CONSTITUTION OF SELECTION COMMITTEE:
The Selection Committee is constituted with the following members.
- Commissioner, Minorities Welfare
- Commissioner, Collegiate Education
- Commissioner, Technical Education
- Director, Center for Educational Development for Minorities (Convener)
- The representative nominated by the Finance Department The above Committee will shortlist the institutions and will recommend to Government for empanelment in order to sponsor the students for coaching. The Committee may recommend a maximum number of candidates to be sponsored to each institute, so that all candidates are not sponsored to a single institute. The sponsored candidates should be given training along with other students and the Government. sponsored candidates should not be made into a separate batch.
D. SELECTION AND ALLOTMENT OF STUDENTS:
i) Prelims cum Mains Integrated Guidance:
a) An advertisement will be issued in one prominent Telugu News Paper and also placed in the department website, calling for applications from the eligible Minority students, whose annual family income is less than Rs.2.00 lakhs.
b) Students should have passed any degree course.
c) An entrance examination will be conducted to select the meritorious candidates.
At least 33% of the seats will be allotted for women for Prelims cum Mains programme.
d) 3% of the seats will be allotted to the disabled candidates as per norms.
ii) Mains Guidance: All Minority candidates belonging to the State of Andhra Pradesh and qualified in the prelims CSAT exam and whose annual family income is less than <Rs.2.00 lakhs will be eligible for admission into this programme.
iii) Personality Test Guidance: All Minority candidates belonging to the State of AP and qualified in the Mains examination and whose annual family income is less than Rs.2.00 lakhs will be eligible for admission into this Scheme.
E. ALLOTMENT SELECTED OF STUDENTS:
INSTITUTES: The students who are selected through entrance exam can be given the option for selecting the empanelled institution of their choice, for admission through counselling, subject to ceiling of seats that may be prescribed institution wise by the Committee.
F. MODE OF PAYMENT OF FEE:
G. ATTENDANCE REPORTS MONTHLY:
The institutes shall send monthly wise attendance reports to the Director, Centre for Educational Development for Minorities (CEDM). 2nd instalment shall be paid only for those candidates who have put in at least 90% attendance.